These are strange and uncertain times. Operating a business during a pandemic calls for strict adherence to safety guidelines and practices and it is our commitment to you that we are doing just that. We are following the recommendations provided by the World Health Organization and the Government of Canada & Ontario to help protect the health and safety of our staff and our customers.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt when and where we can to help stop the spread and ensure the safety of our community.
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING POLICIES & PROCEDURES TO ENSURE A SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- All Staff and essential workers who visit our shop complete the Ontario Workplace Screening Tool before entering. We ensure we are all aware of the symptoms and the risk of the virus and we do not work if we are sick. We also avoid touching our eyes, nose and mouth.
- We are wearing masks. We require all staff & customers to wear masks when working, there are no exceptions (other than children under 5 years old).
- If you are unable to wear a face covering, we will happily assist you online where shipping and curbside pickup is available.
We know that our policy limits access to our brick and mortar shop during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we are committed to providing great customer service to all of our customers, both in-store and online. Our online store offers accommodations to fully serve those who cannot wear face coverings and we are diligently working to protect our staff and our customers inside our brick and mortar shop.
- While our region is a Red Zone, our max occupancy on the shop floor is limited to 16 people at one time. At times we will reduce this number to ensure safe shopping is maintained and excellent customer service is upheld as well.
- We are monitoring the entrance to control the flow of customers and are encouraging everyone to sanitize their hands upon entering the shop.
- We encourage customers to use a Contactless Method of Payment at checkout, but we continue to accept cash.
- We have installed a Plexi-Glass Shield at the cash and placed markers on the sales floor to help customers maintain physical distancing.
- We have maximized cleaning measures to ensure safe product handling, such as: Having cleaning products available for frequent use (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes & cleaners). We practice routine cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, computer keyboards, telephones, packing supplies, etc. We practicing frequent hand washing and good hygiene.
We appreciate all of the support our community has shown us and are so happy you continue to choose to shop The Art of Home! It means the world to us! We have worked hard to get to where we are today and could not have done so without you.
Stay safe & healthy,
Pamela, Laura & Joanne
Owners, The Art of Home
A little about us... We were always meant to be shopgirls.
We first opened our doors in 2012 on Main Street in downtown Galt. From the first moment we opened, the community supported us. 7 years later, we outgrew our space and expanded to a larger shop, just around the corner. #biggerbetterartofhome
We’re from a beautiful place. Downtown Galt (for the non-locals, that’s in Cambridge, Ontario!), is full of historic architecture, scenic views of the Grand River and is an all-over great place to visit. We love living and working here... and we are so appreciative to the community that has embraced The Art of Home. #galtlove #DTCbridge
We have a passion for creative work. Our brick & mortar shop gives us the space to be creative. Surrounded by beautiful things, we are always creating new window displays or an in-store vignette. Here we get to connect with our customers, sharing a mutual affinity for the hand-chosen items we sell. When you visit our brick & mortar, you will be greeted by our team of shopgirls. We love what we do and we’d love to meet you.
The Art of Home
11 Ainslie Street South
Cambridge, Ontario N1R 3J9